5 Ways To Improve Your Sleep
Thank you Natrol for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
With ‘back to school’ in full swing, moms have even more to worry about this fall. Whether you’re a stay at home or working mom, you can agree that the stress of the back to school season can really take its toll on your sleeping pattern.
I will be a full-time student this season so along with having to worry about my own schedule and course workload, I will also worry about my son’s too. Moms in general will be even busier this fall and making sure that you take care of yourself is really important.
The average amount of sleep you should get each night is between 7-9. If you’re not getting enough sleep and wake up feeling restless, you can’t really do your best each morning. Getting a well-rested amount of sleep is vital to the success of your daily routine, and let’s face it– kids love when moms are well-rested, too.
5 Ways To Improve Your Sleep
1. Make a schedule. This one is obvious but crucial. Try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up around the same time each day. This helps your body create a natural sleeping cycle that will increase the quality of your sleep.
2. Write It Down. Before bed, take about 5-10 minutes each night to write down everything you need to do for the next day, cross out things you've completed and check your schedule once over. This gives you a peace of mind before bed so you're not stressing out.
3. Power Down. Turn off your phone, TV, and other bright-light devices at least an hour before bed. Bright lights are distracting and can interfere with your body’s natural release of melatonin– the hormone that helps you sleep.
4. Take a Melatonin Supplement. Natrol Melatonin is a drug-free sleep aid that can help moms regulate their sleep cycle. It’s designed to create a healthier sleeping pattern for a more restful night’s sleep. Download this coupon to save.
5. Exercise. This one may seem counter-productive, but hear me out. Regular exercise can help improve your sleep quality. It gets your body moving and functioning properly so that by the time you’re ready for bed, your body is too.
I’ve noticed a huge improvement in my sleeping pattern over the last three weeks. I have been exercising more, powering down my electronics, and trying to go to bed and wake up around the same time each day (even on the weekends). I have a more restful sleep and I actually *stay* asleep throughout the night, something I often struggled with.
What are your favorite tips for a more restful night’s sleep?
Natrol Fast Dissolve is designed to help support healthier sleep in the most convenient way by offering fast dissolve tablets that require no water. It is 100% drug-free and promotes healthy sleep patterns. You can take this anywhere, anytime. Natural Advanced Sleep offers the maximum strength as it provides an initial 5mg dosage to help you fall asleep fast. The 2-layer controlled release tablet releases the remaining 5mg over time to help you sleep through the night (which is what I have trouble with, staying asleep).