Detroit RiverWalk: Walk at Lunch Day!
Join hundreds of people in downtown Detroit today walking the Detroit RiverWalk during their lunch break from 11:30am to 1pm to kick off Employee Health and Fitness Month, which will be promoting workplace wellness throughout the month of May.
As part of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan’s Walk at Lunch Day, the event encourages employees to get moving while informing walkers about low-cost ways to stay active on the riverfront.
Below is a list of other ways you can get active this month including the Blue Cross’ Live at the Riverfront programming with the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy:
- Free Tai Chi classes: Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
- Free yoga classes: Thursdays at 6 p.m. and Fridays at 10 a.m.
- Free Dequindre Cut Boot Camp: Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
- Walk the RiverWalk Wednesdays: Registered participants walk the riverfront on their lunch break each Wednesday, picking up giveaways along the way.
- BCBSM Riverfront 5K/10K: June 11
- Moonlight yoga: In this unique twist on yoga classes, participants wear glowing jewelry and incorporate 16-inch lighted glow batons into traditional yoga poses.
Live the Riverfront is multi-year partnership between Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy to help Detroit residents and employees stay active. Now in its third year, thousands of individuals have participated in Live the Riverfront’s fitness programming.
For more information visit detroitriverfront.org/livetheriverfront.
1340 Atwater St.
Detroit, MI 48207