A Very Berry Rich Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
I have a confession.
It involves some berries.
Some blueberries & raspberries, to be exact.
You see, I’ve never really liked them.
Until one day, I decided to come up with a berry smoothie recipe.
And then, I decided– you know what? I’m going to give those berries a real try.
And then I hated myself for waiting THIS LONG to give them a “real” try.
Because now I have a new found love for said berries.
I’ve even incorporated them in my snacks this week.
This berry smoothie recipe is one of my favorites for a quick and easy breakfast. Even Zach likes it! Bonus points for picky eaters.
Zach loves strawberries and chocolate, so I thought this berry smoothie recipe would be a great way to incorporate some of his favorites into a sweet treat. It’s made with strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries– berry fantastic!
What I love about this berry smoothie recipe is that it’s easily versatile and you can make it your own.
For instance, instead of using regular milk, I opted for vanilla almond milk for extra flavor. You can even use dark chocolate almond milk if you want to turn the chocolate level up a notch, although I think the Ovaltine does an amazing job on it’s own.
Thank you Ovaltine for sponsoring this recipe! Ovaltine is available in three varieties: classic malt, chocolate malt, and rich chocolate. They each contain no artificial flavors or sweeteners, they contain 12 vitamins and minerals, and are a good source of Iron, Zinc, and Vitamins A, C, D, & E. You can incorporate Ovaltine in your chocolate recipes in place of cocoa powder, or whatever you normally use to add a chocolate flavor.
You can have this berry smoothie recipe any time of day, I think. I like to enjoy it for breakfast when I’m on-the-go in the morning or for a late afternoon pick-me-up.
The fact that it contains protein, vitamins, and antioxidants is a plus for me.
Berry Smoothie Recipe
Very Berry Smoothie Recipe
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 Tablespoons of Rich Chocolate Ovaltine
- 2 Cups of Almond Milk
- 1 Cup of Strawberries
- 1 Cup of Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup of Raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- In a blender, pour 2 cups of Almond Milk. You want to do this first, so everything blends smoothly.
- Next, add in your mixed berries.
- Sprinkle the 4 tablespoons of Rich Chocolate Ovaltine on top, and then add in the honey.
- Blend for 1 minute!
- Serve in a tall glass and add a piece of strawberry on the edges for a festive look.
- I like using Vanilla Almond Milk for the added flavor. To make this recipe even chocolatier, you can try dark chocolate Almond Milk as well. The Ovaltine does an amazing job at bringing in the chocolate flavor though.
- Notice I didn't include ice. Place your mixed berries in the freezer for 5 minutes to make this smoothie super cold. Just how I like it!
- You can use whatever sweetener you prefer to sweeten this smoothie, but I like to use all natural honey. Stevia works fine, too.
If you give this berry smoothie recipe a try, let me know!
What are you favorite smoothie combinations?